Yoga Retreat Santorini, Greece Summer 2014
ENERGETIC VINYASA FLOW™ YOGA RETREAT
AUTHENTIC CULTURAL & INNER JOURNEY IN SANTORINI
With Dr Isabelle Du Soleil, Ph.D. September 14-21, 2014
DO YOU WISH TO VISIT GREECE LIKE A LOCAL AND DEEPEN YOUR YOGA?
AN INCLUSIVE EUROPEAN YOGA VACATION PACKAGE FOR YOUR SUMMER STARTING AT $1460
You are invited to a Transformative Journey!
* 7-Day & 7-Night Yoga Retreat on Santorini Island in Greece,
* For a week of Energetic Vinyasa Flow™ Yoga, Breathing, Meditation, Sailing, Hot Springs, and Total Rejuvenation guided by acclaimed certified Yoga and Wellness Expert, Isabelle Du Soleil, Ph.D.,
* Energize, Recharge & Relax.
* Eat traditional Greek food (vegetarian with meat & fish options)
DATES: Sunday, September 14 to Sunday, September 21, 2014.
* Beautiful Swimming Pool with Bar/ Sunbathing Lounge Area
*Organic Vegetable & Flower Garden, Vineyards
* Authentic Family Owned Greek Restaurant
* Traditional Greek Villa Studios with Single, Double or Triple Occipancy Occupancy,Air Conditioning and Kitchen
Santorini is Greece’s most mystical island, where you will experience excursions on the Blue Aegan Sea, soak in the Caldera Volcano Hot Springs, take a sunset sailing cruise, and sun on the beautiful beaches.
*Connect with nature’s Five Elements and the 7 Chakras or energy centers.
* Enjoy a Yoga Dance Groove™ Party into the night.
*Take your practice to the next level with daily Energetic Vinyasa Flow™ Classes and meditations.
*Learn and experience Tantra Yoga Energetics and learn Ayurveda Teachings.
* Yoga Sessions are suitable for all levels from healthy beginners ( 3 to 6 months of Yoga) to more advanced Yoga practitioners. A healthy Yoga beginner is someone who is in good health overall with limited Yoga experience (3 to 6 months of Yoga) yet interested in exploring Yoga.
If you have any questions or concerns, contact us at 310-390-5250.
WATCH OUR RETREAT VIDEO PREVIEW BELOW
THE ULTIMATE YOGA AND GREEK EXPERIENCE DESTINATION!
AN INCLUSIVE YOGA VACATION PACKAGE- RATES START AT $1460 (excluding airfares & Shuttle Ground Transportation & Meals)
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS RETREAT?
Fill out the pre-registration form
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE NOW
2- MAKE YOUR PAYMENT ONLINE
We ONLY accept Visa & Master Credit Cards Online or US checks. For international students, we may accept direct bank transfer.
After we review your registration form, you will receive an approval email with the link to our online payment form.
You will be able to choose your accommodation and meal preference.
3- PURCHASE A TRAVEL INSURANCE
QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS: CONTACT US AT 310-390-5250 OR EMAIL US AT email@example.com
What makes an Energetic Vinyasa Flow™ Yoga Retreat unique?
1- De-Stressing, Relaxing & Recharging in the Most Beautiful Settings in SANTORINI
2- Exploring the World in an Authentic Way with Isabelle Du Soleil, Ph.D, an Acclaimed Yoga Teacher & Wellness Expert
3- Taking Your Yoga & Meditation Practice to the Next Level
4- Learning & Experiencing the 7 Chakras or Energy Centers in Isabelle’s Signature Energetic Vinyasa Flows™
5- Connecting to Nature’s Healing Power at the.Pristine Aegan Sea & Volcano
6- Sharing Laughter & Making New Like Minded Friends
7- Eating Delicious Fresh Traditional Greek Food.
8- Reinventing Your Life & Finding Peace within Your Heart & Soul
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
“Isabelle, I am so glad I had the opportunity to go to your amazing Energetic Vinyasa Flow Yoga retreat –it exceeded all of my expectations and I will continue to be inspired by you. I will try to remember what I learned and gained in my tough moments and as I move forward. If I ever have the time/money to do another retreat, I would definitively want to do one of yours. Thank you so much for a transformative experience!”
– Christina Blum M.D., New York City
“My retreat with Isabelle was an important stepping stone in my Yoga journey…Isabelle goes all the way for her Yoga retreats. Her enthusiasm and depth of experience makes her a fabulous teacher. Great planning for maximum coverage of material and in depth practice. She is also expert in reading the group and being flexible with the schedules.”
– Catherine Parks from Cove , Oregon
Born in Paris, Dr. Isabelle Du Soleil, Ph.D. is an internationally acclaimed Yoga Teacher & Wellness Expert. She is renowned for her depth of knowledge and unique ability to transmit the deepest teachings in a simple, accessible, and relevant way. She trains celebrities, as well as athletes and students at UCLA, also leading retreats and workshops around the world, fulfilling her dream that began as a student of Yoga since the age of 13. She resides in Venice, California and teaches Soleil Yoga™ blending tradition with innovation and creativity in her signature Soleil Yoga Flow™. These sequences are drawn from her background in Vinyasa Flow, Tantra, Meditation, and Dance.
A teacher to both students and teachers for 20 years, she has studied extensively across several continents with May Kazan in France, Rod Stryker and Shiva Rea in the United States, and with Pandit Rajmani Tigunait at the Himalayan Institute in India. Isabelle has obtained the Yoga Alliance Advanced Yoga Teacher/ Teacher Trainer Certificate (EYRT500), as well as the Yoga Works Certification. Her Doctorate is in Biology and Pharmacy from Paris V Rene Descartes University.
AN INCLUSIVE YOGA VACATION PACKAGE
Those prices per person include:
* 7 days/ 7 nights accommodations in a beautiful studio with private bath,
* 1 fresh and delicious traditional Greek Breakfast each day ( Breakfast only),
* Arrival Day Dinner
* 3 Yoga classes per day with 5.5 hours of daily Yoga, Breathing, Relaxation, Meditation practices, Philosophy, Chakras &
Ayurveda teachings, outdoors meditations at a Greek church and Yoga Nidra
* 1 group Excursion- a private sailboat sunset cruise and swimming in the natural volcanic hot sulphur springs.
* Walking, swimming and sunbathing on the black & red sand beaches
* Lounging & swimming in the beautiful hotel resort swimming pool
* Exploring the island by foot or bike
|FEES PER PERSON||EARLY RATE
BY JUNE15, 2014
AFTER JUNE 15, 2014
|* SINGLE Occupancy with Private Bath||$1860||$1960|
|* DOUBLE Occupancy with Private Bath||$1660||$1760|
|*TRIPLE Occupancy with Private Bath
( With VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
|TRIPLE Occupancy Applies ONLY for a group of 3 people traveling together- We do NOT find other roommates for you.|
-Early Rate: $100 discount off total cost, applies if full payment is received by JUNE 15, 2014.
-Full payment is due upon registration and reservation.
Cost does NOT include:
– Flight to Greece, SANTORINI- THIRA airport
– Shuttle ground transportation transfers to/ from Thira airport to Pelagos Hotel ( 25 Euros EACH WAY)
– Lunches & Dinners
-Meals away from the retreat center
-Optional additional afternoon nature adventures/excursions
RETREAT CANCELLATION POLICY:
-61 days or more prior to the retreat: Your entire payment will be refunded minus $500 deposit and a $250 administration fee.
-60 days or less prior to the retreat: Payments are NOT refundable.
There is NO cancellation nor refund for any reason including but not limited to bad weather, natural disasters, acts of terrorism, flight delays or cancellations, illness, health conditions, medical or personal or family or work emergencies, change of mind or no-shows.
Purchasing travel insurance is mandatory. Travel insurance insures the safely of your travels, particularily abroad. It is a safety net should you have any last minute changes, unexpected events, or emergencies. Please review our retreat cancellation policy above.
Travelex travel insurance
Read more on Travel Insurances:
7:30am-8:00am: coffee, Tea & Fruits at Pelagos Hotel
8:00am-10:00am: Energetic “Soleil Yoga Flow™+ Breathing
10:00am- 10:30am: Long Relaxation
10:30am- 11:00am: Breakfast at Pelagos Hotel
11:00am-12:30pm: Pool time & Relaxation
1:30pm-2:30pm: Delicious Traditional Greek Lunch at Pelagos Hotel
Afternoon open/ FREE TIME
6:00pm-7:00pm: Lunar Rejuvenative Flow Yoga + Breathing + Relaxation
7:00pm-8:00pm: Sunset Meditation + Philosophy + Discussion
8:15pm: Dinner on your own (at Oia Village or Pelagos Hotel)
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES
*ARRIVAL: Sunday, September 14, 2014 between 1pm & 6pm at Pelagos Hotel.
Dinner at 7pm
*RETREAT OPENING: Monday, September 14, 2014 at 8am in outdoor Yoga Space
*DEPARTURE: Sunday, September 21, 2014 at 1:30pm after Lunch from Pelagos Hotel.
Last Yoga Practice on September 21 at 8am- 11am. CHECK OUT AT 12PM followed by lunch at 11:30am-12:30PM. Transfer to Santorini airport after 12:30pm
EXCURSIONS + SPECIAL EVENTS
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
End of Afternoon & Sunset Excursion: Private sailboat sunset tour & volcanic hot sulfur springs swimming (included in your package)
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Afternoon: Optional Excursion- Not to be missed! Spectacular 2 hour walk on Caldera (volcano) side from Oia to Fira, the ancient town .
*If you would like to extend your stay, you may arrive earlier and/or stay longer. Please contact Hotel Pelagos DIRECTLY to check availabilities at firstname.lastname@example.org www.pelagos-hotel-oia.com
*Our Yoga sessions are suitable for all levels from healthy beginners to more advanced Yoga practitioners. A healthy Yoga beginner is someone who is in good health overall with limited Yoga experience (3-6 month of Yoga) yet interested in exploring Yoga.
* Yoga Flows: This retreat course design constitutes an intelligent body of Yoga flows, breathing, visualizations and meditations. Each day will focus and emphasize one particular energy center or chakra and one given nature’s element such as Earth, Water, Fire, Air and Space. You will also learn about Ayurveda, India’s science of life & medicine, Tantra Yoga teachings and Radiant Wellness Yoga.
*Solar Energetic Vinyasa Flow™ Yoga classes are purifying, dynamic and balancing. They start with breathing and centering followed by spinal warm up, sun salutations and a long progression leading to a stilling cooling down sequence with a long final 20 minutes relaxation.
*Lunar Rejuvenative Flow Yoga classes include restorative Yin Yoga, breathing ( pranayama) practices, fun partner Yoga, Stress Relief yoga, Yoga Nidra and guided inner contemplations/ relaxations.
*Evening guided meditation classes will be held outdoor or in our yoga studios. This daily guided meditation session goal is to build a new capacity and ritual of daily meditation practice in your life with ease and delight. Our meditation practices will allow you to focus your mind on an object, or a color or a sound. Cultivating mindfulness and relaxed concentration on the breath.
*Yoga Nidra, an amazing guided meditation lying down on your back. 20 minutes of Yoga Nidra is equivalent to 3 hours of deep sleep.
*Each level of practice will be addressed with level 1, 2 and 3 variations instructed for all postures. You are always welcome to take a break and relax in child’s pose. You are free to leave early if needed. Isabelle will provide individualized hands on adjustments.
*Our Yoga flow practices will build progressively from one day to the other based on a physiological and structural coherence and consistency. This retreat course design constitutes an intelligent body of Yoga flows, breathing, visualizations and meditations.
You will stay at the Pelagos hotel, a traditional Cycladic Greek resort by the sea and surrounded by vineyards. The Pelagos Hotel is located at “Baxedes” of Oia in santorini, 3 km from from the center of Oia village and 200m from the most beautiful beach of Oia.
Pelagos villa apartments are available for single, double, triple or quadruple occupancy with private bath.
In perfect harmony with the landscape, the hotel complex consists of 3 detached traditional Cycladic buildings – architecturally inspired by local houses, among gardens and pots filled with local plants and flowers. All 10 apartments and studios are equipped with fridges, en-suite bathroom and terrace or patios which offer privacy and a place to unwind, and moreover some of them have fully equipped kitchenette.
TRAVEL CONSIDERATIONS & FLIGHTS
Santorini can be reached from most international airports via Athens. YOUR BEST OPTION!
Ground Transportation Transfers to/from airport to PELAGOS HOTEL is NOT included with your total retreat cost- (25 EUROS PER PERSON PER WAY)
GETTING TO SANTORINI ISLAND
Option1– Flight to Santorini airport (JTR)– The most cost effective, easiest and fastest way!
– Fly to Santorini/ Thira Airport (JTR), which can be reached from most international airports via Athens International Airport. The flying time from Athens to Santorini airport is approximatively 40 minutes. Nearly all internationally scheduled flights allow adequate time for making the connecting flight to Santorini.
– Athens airport is ATH.
– The closest airport to the Hotel Pelagos Hotel is Santorini THIRA airport- JTR.
– Transfers to/ from Thira airport to Hotel Pelagos is NOT included with your total retreat cost.
We will set up a taxi shuttle to pick you up at the airport (at your expenses- 25 Euros per person per way) once you email us your flights itinerary.
Option 2– Take a ferry (7-8 hours on a slow one or 5 hrs on a high speed one) from Athens port called “Piraeus” to Thira/ Santorini port.
– Schedules & Reservation online at www.openseas.gr and http://www.santorini.gr-santorini.com/holidays/boats/bluestar.htm
– As a reminder, the dates in Europe are written as follows with day/ Month/ Year: for example for July 1, 2012: 1/07/2012
– As the ferries leave at 7am, you may want to arrive one day earlier stay overnight in Athens for an early rise on July 10. Also there is a train going directly from Athens airport to to Athens port”Piraeus” running frequently.
-We will pick you at Thira/ Santorini port to Hotel Pelagos
TRANSPORTATION AROUND THE ISLAND:
Taxis go to/from the main tourist areas and back. You can walk, bike, ride donkeys or rent mopeds and motorcycles at your own expenses. You can rent a small car for 4 people for 35 Euros per day or a vespa for 20 Euros per day or quads for 30 Euros per day. Hotel Pelagos has a few bicycles you can use during your stay for free.
Greece adopted the Euro as its currency in 2001. Most international airports have exchange boots and ATM’s. Major credit cards are not usually accepted by local cheaper restaurants and tavernas. Cash, Credit/debit cards likely to be your main source of funds while traveling by withdrawing money (using your usual PIN) from the vast network of Greek ATM’s.
Currency Converter Website: http://www.xe.com/
Summer weather is hot and sunny with average temperature 20 to 27 degrees Celsius (75-83F), with cooler evenings. Perfect for swimming or sunbathing during the day. The perfect weather for swimming or sunbathing during the day! you will enjoy warm and pleasant water temperatures as you will swim in the blue Aegean Sea and hike.
Currency Converter Website:
Ferries to Santorini/ Thira Schedules & Reservation online at
www.openseas.gr and http://www.santorini.gr-santorini.com/holidays/boats/bluestar.htm
– Oia’s Naval Museum: open Mon & Wed – Sun 10am – 2pm & 5pm – 8pm ($4)
– cable car ride with amazing views of the island with cars departing every 20 minutes from 6:40am – 10pm ($4)
– Fira’s Archeological Museum: open Tues – Sun 8am – 3:30pm ($4)
– Fira’s Museum of Prehistoric Thira: open Tues – Sun 8:30am – 7:30pm ($4)
– The Megaro Ghysi, an old mansion owned by the Catholic diocese of Santorini which has been restored as a cultural center: open Mon – Sat 10:30am – 1:30 pm & 5-8pm, Sun 10:30am – 4:30pm ($4)
Fira info website: http://www.greeka.com/cyclades/santorini/hotels/santorini-fira.htm
Information for the Adventurous Traveler
For detailed instructions on how to hit mass transit from the Athens airport, money transfers, and other helpful info try: www.athensguide.com
Youth Hostel Website: www.lonelyplanet.com
Time Zone Map Web Site: http://www.worldtimezone.com/index12.php
WHAT TO BRING:
Yoga props are NOT provided. You must bring YOUR YOGA MAT AND ANY ADDITIONAL YOGA PROPS YOU WISH TO HAVE.
Yoga wear tops and bottoms
Long sleeve shirt and pants (for evenings)
Battery operated alarm clock
If participating in water adventures, please bring water sandals with ankle straps.